Logo

OK Engine is on the floorNew Questions

dryridge

"First, This boat is a 2000 mo

"First, This boat is a 2000 model should we change the Gimbal bearing? Also the shift linkage was not what I would consider together when I got a chance to look things over after removing the drive leg. It was turned to the left and the linkage was not together. It appears to me the shift linkage connects to the shift cable by way of the V-Block on the end of the cable. It then goes down through the exhaust and out to the shift rod on the drive leg....Correct?

We had it in the Forward Position, however we had already unhooked the linkage from the engine bracket. I got it all back together in a manner that looks to me as if it should go back togther easily. Does this sound right?

Now....Lastly Do the SELCO manuals have to be downloaded or can you just point and click???? I have dial-up and downloading is out of the question. I tried to download the ones offered here last night and never did get it done.

I am more than willing to purchase the online version, but I don't want to have to wait on downloads.

Thanks for all the help so far.

PS: I am going to the marina to purchase the outdrive Gaskets, Gimbal Seal and Grease. I can pick up a hardcopy manual there if they have one in stock. Can you think of anything else I might need?"

What else you might need depen

What else you might need depends on what you are planning to do..
Water pump impeller and gasket kit?

Turn all the shift linkage parts so they are straight ahead. Then they will engage without problems.

You can subsribe to the Seloc manual here thru this site..

Rod

"Rod, Thanks for all the help.

"Rod, Thanks for all the help. I hate to sound like a newbie but tearing down an Alpha One is new to me. I have only ever done OMC's.
My last boat had an A-1 but never a moments trouble w/it."

Changing the water pump impell

Changing the water pump impeller is quite an easy job really.

Anything else like resealing or gear and bearing changes is much more complicated and will require special tools and the right manual.

Rod

Back