Logo

Question regarding 2005 Alpha 135 HP

buddyllama

"Forgive me as I'm new at

"Forgive me as I'm new at this. My father (the boater) passed away last fall. Unfortunately he was unable to ride in his newest purchase - a 2005 Suntracker with a Mercruiser (Alpha?).

My dad had mentioned some "additional" things that were required to winterize this engine vs. his older Mercruisers. I did a little online research and I'm hoping that it might have to do with locating all the plugs? Any help here would be great.

My mom (82) is worried about the engine catching fire because she heard of someone who didn't use the blower properly and the engine caught fire?????? When we had a bayliner, I recall the blower/fan coming on automatically, but that has been years ago. Is there something manually we have to do on a regular basis in regard to the blower/fan?

Is there a place online where I can download an operating manual (not repair manual) for free?

Gen operating question: We have it in a slip at the marina. Is it best to trim up the engine after we tie up for the night?

The good news is that both my brother and nephew are mechanics and boaters and "get" this stuff, but they are not always readily available when we boat as the lake is located 3 hours from our home.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My sister and I are trying to learn the ins and outs of this boat and engine so we can take our mom out more often.

Nancy"

Please accept our condolences

Please accept our condolences for your loss.

Turn the blower on before starting and wait a few minutes to start. Leave it on while running the engine.

Leave the outdrive in the down position except when on a moving trailer.

Check w/a local dealer for an operator's manual. He'll give it to you to get future business.

Back