Logo

Installing Temp gauge

N

Neal Wright

"Had over heating problem and

"Had over heating problem and am in the process of installing kit in waterpump. Come to find out warning horn is faulty also. They are not cheap, and I have thought about installing a temp gauge. How would one go about installing one on an outboard. I have a 1993 evinrude 40. TE40ELEtb? Is this something you could get a local auto parts store? Any ideas would be appreciated. What should the surface temp be on head after warm up?"

"Check with your dealership ab

"Check with your dealership about the temperature gauge setup. They usually have a few of the kits in stock.

The expemsive warning horn.... overpriced I agree. Rather than to eliminate any audio warning, check in your local electronics store for a replacement horn.... anything that will operate off of the provided wiring and 12 volts.

When time permits, visit my store at: http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

When you say local electronics

When you say local electronics store do you mean someone like radio shack? Just what would I be looking for. The horn has 3 wires. One big ground and 2 other leads. I really dont wanna go with just a gauge but the price of the horn is outragious. Thanks

"Radio Shack, whoever, any ele

"Radio Shack, whoever, any electronics store. I doubt that you'll find a three wire horn from a 3rd party dealer though.

A two wire horn will work EXCEPT you will not have the test beep when you first turn the key on. Exactly what kind of horn.... I have no idea. It was just a suggestion but you'll need to shop around and improvise."

ok joe i found a three wire bu

ok joe i found a three wire buzzer chime from radio shack. Black red and blue wires. Its rated 12-18volts. Im thinkin it will work. black-ground red-hot blue-?. It sounds off 87 Db @ 12 volts. Is the purple wire from the harness on my boat the hot wire?

Back