Logo

Engine Trade Out

dryridge

"Starting a Trade Out Project

"Starting a Trade Out Project on a 2000 Crownline 5.o Mercruiser w/alpha one outdrive.

Have done this small block swaps and upgrades in other hulls and w/OMC outdrive.

Got the backseat out and engine surround out. Ready to start unbolting. Thought I would come here and get all the best hints and tips to be sure I don't miss something or screw up. Assume I know nothing so I don't miss something. Been a while and I am more or less a technical advisor on this job and my son will be turning the wrenches....can't get down in there any more, and standing on my head is no longer something I put on my list of things to do today...!!!

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Dryridge

PS: any PDF or Schematics anyone cares to forward can be sent to [email protected]"

"Pull the drive leg first.

"Pull the drive leg first.

Do you have a manual?
If not, you should get one or subscribe to one.
Down a few topics is a link to most Merc manuals kindly provided by Bondo: "Ayuh, the back door is open again"

After that it is merely a matter of disconnecting hoses etc to pull the engine. There are two front mounts, and two rear mount bolts where the bellhousing eyes fasten to the transom plate.

Make sure you have a good hoist with plenty of reach.
Rod"

Back