Logo

Alpha 1 Exhaust Bellows

johnb

"Hi everyone,

The exhaust b

"Hi everyone,

The exhaust bellows on my Alpha 1 drive split open. I removed the bellows and I'm getting ready to buy the new part. The service manual reccommends that I replace the bellows with an exhaust tube. Anyone familiar with this?

Also, if I install the tube in place of the bellows, will I need to get the expander tool?

Thanks,
John"

"Tube is a nice replacement fo

"Tube is a nice replacement for the bellows. Very slightly noisier but only noticed in a covered slip while docked. You will not need the special bellows tool at all.

If just exhaust bellows replacement, you can pull old bellows with sterndrive still mounted, and slip the exhaust tube into place very easy. Much easier than installing a new exhaust bellows.

If pulling the entire sterndrive to replace the drive shaft and shift cable bellows, you will not have to remove the shift shaft unless you have some other problem with the seal about the shaft."

"Thanks, David. I just finish

"Thanks, David. I just finished installing the exhaust tube and it went on pretty easily. I'm waiting for my son to get home to help me put the drive back on and give it a test.

John"

Back