Logo

TOURNAMENT SKI BOAT STILL GETTING HOT

waterdawg

"IVE DONE A FEW THINGS TO MY N

"IVE DONE A FEW THINGS TO MY NEW BOAT AND STILL GETTING TO HOT PUT 2ND HEAT GAUGE,NEW WATER PUMP IMPELLER,CHECKED ALL HOSES THERE NOT BLOKED RUNS ABOUT 100-120 ON GARDEN HOSE 210-220 IN THE LAKE IT IS A 5.7 V8 MERC CRUSIER MID ENGINE 1988 THE PERSON I GOT IT FROM SAID RUNS FINE THEY PUT NEW HEAD GASKETS ON CHOULD THEY PUT THEM ON WRONG SHOULD I START TAKING THE MANIFOLDS OFF AND LOOKING FOR BLOCKAGE PLEASE HELP KIDS WANT TO WAKEBOARD"

NO I MEAN THE IMPELLAR IN THE

NO I MEAN THE IMPELLAR IN THE WATER PUMP IN THE FRONT OF THE MOTOR ITS A MID ENGINE WITH DIRECT DRIVE SKI BOAT

Have you checked the water pic

Have you checked the water pickup for debris? Get a laser temp gun and use it to find the hot spots and go from there. If not the pickup then make sure the pickup hose is not collapsing at high RPMs. Otherwise you need to start going to the exhaust system for blockages. Does it have thru hull exhaust? Open the outer shutter and look thru pipe w/flashlight.

to guy yes it has thru hull ex

to guy yes it has thru hull exhaust i will look threw them the water pickupup is clear all hoses up to manifolds are clear hose on pickup is hard hose with wire in it how about the other water pump on the front of the motor chould that be bad.
thanks this sight is awesome lots and lots of help

Kevin:

The front water pump

Kevin:

The front water pump is the circ. pump for the engine. If a belt is loose it will slip and not circulate sufficient water. If it is not dripping out of the bottom weep hole then the only thing to check is to grab the pulley and rock it back and forth and push/pull it. If it does not move then the bearing is good. If it moves in/out then the shaft could be broken and the steel impeller is not moving at all; replace it if that's the case.

hey thanks a bunch today i bou

hey thanks a bunch today i bought a new impellar and hosing and tommorrow i will buy the other water pump and then see if that works can i also put hei in the boat can you use a truck carb as long as you use the sparkarestor thanks a bunch guy you and this site rocks and if there anything i can help with anyone else i will do so with my exsperance on this boat

"Do not use a non marine carb.

"Do not use a non marine carb. The float bowl vent is different for a marine application.
Do not bypass using marine equipment as this may save your life and limb. Every marine component is designed to prevent causing ignition of fuel vapors, and these changes from auto parts are not always evident. And if your caught using non
coast guard approved carb, etc., by local enforcment, it gets expensive quick.
Kurt"

"If looking for a new marine c

"If looking for a new marine carb, go to summit racing parts, or jegs. I got a 750cfm 4bbl for around 5 bills if I recall correctly. My boat runs alot bettor than ever with a perf carb and I love the 4 corner idle adjust and such.
Kurt"

Back