Logo

US Marine Power Ford 460 conversion

j2black

"I purchased a 1970 27' Un

"I purchased a 1970 27' Uniflite that originally was powered by a 318 Chysler. The owner previous to me installed a new Ford 460 c.u. engine converted for marine use by U.S. Marine Power. The previous owner said he purchased it new in a crate from Bayliner. (Brunswick Corp.) It was installede in 1998 and only had 5 hours on it. My question is, does anyone know the origin of this conversion kit and if parts are still available? Any information will be helpful.

Thank you,

John"

"John, The Ford 460 is a bull

"John, The Ford 460 is a bull of an engine and has been used in the marine industry for many years. It is not surprising that someone would upgrade to that engine just for brute force. If U.S. Marine Power did the upgrade I'm sure they would have parts available. Google them and you will see several links to parts. The 460 is a favorite for jet boats and high power props.
Cal"

"Cal,

Thanks for the reply.

"Cal,

Thanks for the reply. I did do a Google search for U.S. Marine Power but had little success. I heard that Brunswick had "spun off" that part of their operation. I just need to determine if other manufacturers might produce compatible parts.

By the way, you are so right about the brute force of the 460. Several years ago I borrowed a Duckwork aluminum ski boat powered by a Ford 460 with a Hamilton pump. The boat would "top out" at a little over 70mph. Problem was, it never met a gas station that it did not like.

Thanks,

John"

Back