Logo

30L Merc wonbt start

E

ewenr

"I have a 1999- 3.0L Merc inbo

"I have a 1999- 3.0L Merc inboard. I went for a boat ride a week ago and it ran fine. Went out today and it would,nt start. It would fire up if you put gas down the carb but shut down in a couple of seconds when the gas was burnt up. I have gas going to the carb with lots of pressure, but no gas going into the motor. What could have caused this from just sitting in the drivewaw?. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks."

Older mechanics may say to tap

Older mechanics may say to tap on the carb to try to shake it loose like with a hammer or something But DO NOT DO THAT take it apart and clean whatever is making it stick... just my 2 cents cause thats what my 65 year old father said when he heard me reading this post aloud

"Probably could have just tapp

"Probably could have just tapped it with a screw driver handle
blush.gif

Bert"

"Hello, I am having starting

"Hello, I am having starting issues with 1995 mercruiser 3-0 lx. Seems like it becomes difficult to restart engine once engine is warm and turned off. Originally I thought it was slave selenoid so I replaced it. Unfortunately problem still persists. Now it seems like it is increasingly becoming difficult to start the engine on a cold start. Engine seems to be cranking but doesn't catch. Could it be engine coil, carb or justm fuel issue?"

Could be any one of those prob

Could be any one of those problems or a combination of them. Check to see if you have spark and fuel getting to the carb and go from there.

Back