Logo

43L v6

dennfen

I have found a '89 Harris

I have found a '89 Harris Float Deck for sale with a cracked block. The owner says it is a 4.3L v6 engine. I asked him if it was a GM block and he said "no it is a mercusier". The boat is 3 hours from me or I would go look at it and find out myself. Can anyone tell me if this year Harris with a 4.3L would be a GM block. I have 4.3L out of a chevy blaser and wondered if it would work. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

"The 4.3L is only made by GM f

"The 4.3L is only made by GM for Mercruiser. Auto engines are not 100% the same as a marinized engine which has a different cam, brass casting plugs, different carb., etc."

"Guy,

You have stated that

"Guy,

You have stated that marine engines use a different cam, casting plugs(freeze and petcocks?), and carb than the same size automotive engine, what are the differences that the "etc." in your statement refer to?

Re-using your marine carb is almost de rigueur, or the accepted standard in marine repowers, swapping the other stuff is nickel and dime. What really differentiates a marine engine from an auto engine?

Thanks!"

Back