Logo

2006 Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

duckdog

"My engine runs fine, but when

"My engine runs fine, but when it is put in neutral, a warning beeper goes off after 3-4 seconds. Shift into gear and it quits. I do not have a temp or oil pressure guage, but can't imagine that either of these would be a problem just in neutral. Anyone have an idea?"

"I would suspect low oil press

"I would suspect low oil pressure. When is the last time you have checked the oil for gas/water, and changed the oil and filter? Oil pressure on all 4 strokes drop when they go to idle but it shouldn't drop far enough to set off an alarm.

Have someone put a test gauge on it just to be safe/sure."

"Thanks, Wayne. The engine on

"Thanks, Wayne. The engine only has 32 hours on it and oil was just changed. Had a problem with the elictrical cable from the battery to the engine - when hot, it didn't get the amps to start (older boat that I repowered) - wonder if anything that was done in the process could contribute. It just started after the cable was replaced."

"I have a F150 new as well I a

"I have a F150 new as well I also get a beeping in neutral. Just-In- Time mentioned water in fuel. I have gone through a couple tanks that would eliminate that theary, wouldnt it? Oil level is good"

Hook an mechanical gauge in pl

Hook an mechanical gauge in place of sending unit. If oil pressure is good at idle try a new sending unit.

Back