Logo

STILL OVERHEATING SKI BOAT

waterdawg

SO I PUT A NEW WATER IMPELLER

SO I PUT A NEW WATER IMPELLER IN AND A NEW TEMP GAUGE AND ALSO LEFT THE OTHER ONE IN TO NEW GAUGE RAN 210 AND OTHER ONE RAN 240-260 WAY TO HOT SHOULD I CHANGE THE OTHER PUMP OR LOOK IN THE MANIFOLDS? DOES NOT GET HOT WITH GARDEN HOSE HOOKED UP ONLY OUT ON THE LAKE HOW ABOUT A BLOWN HEADGASKET?

""...NOT GET HOT WITH GARD

""...NOT GET HOT WITH GARDEN HOSE HOOKED UP ONLY OUT ON THE LAKE"

That's because the garden hose is providing a high volume of water flow and RPMs are down. What other pump? Need more engine and drive info. Age of manifolds and risers, salt water use or fresh, closed cooling? etc."

Im having a similar problem wi

Im having a similar problem with a 1978 glaspar closed cooling. With 4 cyl 3 ltr. I wonder if forcing the engine to run as an open cooling system will help. I really dont care about the boat as long as the block does not go over 180 im good.

i found my problem with the ov

i found my problem with the overheating it was in the tranny cooler it was plugged with old burnt up impellars stuck in the line

"Dave Falkner

Please start

"Dave Falkner

Please start a separate thred for more responses. Instead of placing a "bandaide" on a "deep wound", fix it before you have to amputate due to severe infection.
warning.gif
"

Back