Logo

Prop Pitch

del

"Can someone provide the orgin

"Can someone provide the orginal factory prop. pitch for a 1988 Wellcraft 210 Classic XL, 5.0L/200HP Mercruiser w/Alpha One Sterndrive. Bought used and came with 3-blade, 21 pitch. Checked all paperwork but doesn't provide prop pitch. A friend who had the exact same boat said it should be 19 pitch. Thanks."

"What dia. x 21 pitch
Most V-

"What dia. x 21 pitch
Most V-8`s can use a 14 x 19
IF you can turn a higher pitch ,you do get better top end speed sacrificing out of the hole performance.
Prop selection is based on "Wide Open Throttle" rpm reading.You really want to be in the rated power band. eg: 4400-4600 rpm."

Thanks Bt Doktur. Will try the

Thanks Bt Doktur. Will try the 14x19. We are trying to resolve a problem with engine turning good RPMs but boat just won't accelerate. Checked all mechanical and electronics and now down to the prop. I appreciate your input.

"Have question about wellcraft

"Have question about wellcraft boat prop. its a 26ft wellcraft cuddy cabin w/ a 5.7 mercruiser, ive tried a 17 pitch and a 19 pitch prop. both only turn up 3200 rpms. the 17 gives me about 30 m.p.h and the 19 42 m.p.h. does any one no the correct pitch."

17 and 19 both at 3200rpm full

17 and 19 both at 3200rpm full throttle? you should see around 400rpm diff between the two.
Kurt

"The original outdrive was giv

"The original outdrive was giving me 56 m.p.h but was ripped off by an unseen log in the water while the boat was full speed, since then ive researched and replaced everything back to original specs. i dont know what size prop was one there to begin with, but i know the boat can go way faster than what im getting.should i try a bigger or smaller pitch?"

Seeing your only seeing 3200rp

Seeing your only seeing 3200rpm wot with both props I think you may have a problem other than
prop. you should be able to see mid to high 4000
with 17 pitch prop.
Kurt

"I have the 5.7 , but no matte

"I have the 5.7 , but no matter what pitch prop i put the rpms are maybe a hundred off. im getting 3100 rpms. @ 30.8 mph. w/ the 17 and 3200 rpms. @ 45 mph. w/ the 19,"

"Ok, sounds like your tach is

"Ok, sounds like your tach is off. A 14X19p prop
would be at 4400 rpm at 45mph or close to it.
Sounds like you should run with the 19p. If you want to try a 21 be sure to get a ventilated one as to promote good starts. if you plan to have more than two people and maybee a skier I would
try a 17 for holeshot performance. It's always a compromise. A 19p sounds like the best choice."

"Justin: try this spreadsheet

"Justin: try this spreadsheet courtesy of Rod S.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/mime_msexcel.gif""" align=left alt=""application/vnd.ms-excel"">prop finder
[url=""][b]Copy of Boat_Speed_Finder-79780.xls[/b][/url] (22.5 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

Back