Logo

130 seized

cuddy

"Hi guys (& girls)

"Hi guys (& girls)
New member to this board, but happy to find a bunch of knowledgeable folks!

I have a 130 AQ that won't turn over. It is defineately seized for some reason. Has sat all winter, but I am very good at flushing with several gals. of RV anti-freeze every fall.
I am looking for some insight and/or steps to determine what it could be. I am fearfull that I will eventually be pullin the engine, but want to try and diagnose before that.
I cannot turn it even with a wrench on the crank nut. Have not drained oil yet to look for water, but it reads a qt high.
It ran when I parked it!
lol.gif

Thanks for any help. Looks like I'll be here for awhile, rather be fishin on my boat."

"Somehow, I suspect that the e

"Somehow, I suspect that the extra volume of liquid in the oil pan is water, which probably indicates that something went wrong with the winterization process. Itf that is the case (I hope it isn't), that's very bad news and you will likely be looking for a new (or "new to you") engine."

"UPDATE...
I pulled the head

"UPDATE...
I pulled the head and found water in 2 cylinders
sad.gif

Have now been soaking them with PB Blaster hoping to free up the rust. May take awhile.
Question...Will a brass brush be soft enough to clean up the walls when (and IF) it frees up?
Still not wanting to yank it till winter when I'll overhaul.

Definition : BOAT - a hole in the water to throw your money in
lol.gif
"

"<font size=""+1""> YESSS </fo

"<font size=""+1""> YESSS </font>
thumbs_up.gif

Freed up the engine. Cleaned up cyl walls with some 600 grit. rust was not too bad
Now I need a head gasket. Dealer says 1 week out.
Anyone know the auto engine to cross reference it to? It's the AQ 130 D
Would like to get it back together and see how she runs. Fish are waiting for me !
Thanx...Bob T"

Back