Logo

Leaking seal and need to replace it on a 671 N Pump

johny74

"Ok, this is an odd one for me

"Ok, this is an odd one for me anyway. Not sure what this part is called but I know its leaking cooling through the shaft/seal. It looks like a mini turbo that connects to the blower. I have two pictures that might also help. While she runs it just drips out, but when the engine is off she tends to leak faster. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also since I have your attention where would I find this seal or do I need a new pump?
191547.jpg
191548.jpg
"

It looks like your coolant rec

It looks like your coolant recirculating pump.

I replaced mine a few years ago and it was an easy job just make sure you get the correct one. If I recall CC and C rotating engines use slightly differnt pumps.

It could just require a new gasket or new drain valve.

"Hey Martin,

Thanks alot!

"Hey Martin,

Thanks alot! My coolant temp stays at 170-175 so I would think the pump is working great, it just leaks in the shaft. Where did you get yours from?

Thanks!

John"

"It was a long time ago but I

"It was a long time ago but I think it was from Diesel Pro, try a google search.

The only thing I do remember is that the first one they sent to me was for the incorrect I think it was something to do with the rotation of the engine and the type of drive coupling the pump used.

Mine was a high capacity one but for your 671N it will probably be the regular type."

were are you located? i mit be

were are you located? i mit be able to find a dda dealer for you.you do need a exchange water pump.

"Hey Marvin,

I'm locat

"Hey Marvin,

I'm located in NYC/Long Island area. My Zip is 11414. If you can do that I would greatly appreciate it!!!! Thanks in Advance!

John"

"try 516 981 5800 ronkonkoma l

"try 516 981 5800 ronkonkoma long island, penske gm power.hope this helps."

Back