Logo

Yamaha T60 4 stroke carb question

K

keith krake

"I have a 2004 yamaha T60 that

"I have a 2004 yamaha T60 that is running rough, especially at 2000 rpm. I have changed plugs, but the more and more posts I read it sounds like I am due for a good carb cleaning and re-sync. I have a couple of questions.

1. What can I expect to pay for this?
2. How often should I expect to do this? Every year, every other year? I run fuel stabilizer, ring free, and have a yamaha fuel separating filter and am at wits end trying to get this motor to run decent.
3. What is the best additive to run. I used to run stabil & ring free, Tried the yamaha stabilizer & ring free, but now I hear the Starbrite is the best. Thinking about running starbrite and ring free.
4. are fuel injected motors more forgiving on fuel issues then this carburated motor?"

"Actually after taking motor i

"Actually after taking motor into dealer, problem was a result of ethanol gas. We kept the existing tank and line in the boat when we bougth the motor a couple of years. Apparently the hose and bulb that was on the boat was not ethanol compatable and disolved the hose and bulb from the inside out depositing all the little rubber particles into the fuel filter and carbs. Dealer cleaned out filter and carbs and re-adjusted them and it runs like a top again."

Back