Logo

F 250 Blowing 5 amp fuel feed pump fuse

j_russell

"This engine comes attached to

"This engine comes attached to a parker 2520 XL year 2006 510 hrs absolutely no problems until NOW!
The engine a Yamaha F 250 has limped back to the dock five times by pumpimg fuel bulb. The 5 amp lift pump fuse
blown! A yamaha dealer is working diligently with the problem. With yamahas help the low pressure fuel pump has benn replaced two times and continues to blow the 5 amp fuse. a vacum test was proformed, first test produced a reading of 5 inches witch was thought to be high,
By removing the anti sifon vavle from the fuel tank the readings lowered to 2 to 2.5 inches this was thought to have fixed the problem!
The boat ran fine for two trips last weekend Only to be back to the same old problem with 4 disapointed friends standing on the dock.
PLEASE HELP any ideas?"

"If the high pressure fuel pum

"If the high pressure fuel pump is playing up this will cause it to blow the fuse, We have a lot of F250's where I am.
If the pump has had water through it will cause that as well."

"I have a similar problem:

"I have a similar problem:

Brand new f250 pair. Left works perfectly. Right had lots of water in the fuel tank. Stopped on initial use. Changed filters (engine and 10 micron). Bled VST. Now, engine will run on new portable tank with new gas at 3K rpm (load) with no problems. Will starve for fuel and suck the bulb dry at over 3K. Will run 4800 rpm when pumping the bulb aggressively. I haven't checked the fuse yet, but will. What to do if the fuse is not the problem?? I don't want to tinker with an engine that i am not qualified to service, but don't want to take it back to the dealer and be told that I voided my warranty by getting the engine wet. Not to mention, the dealer is 2 hours away and it is an all day project to pull the boat out and move it over the road. Thanks"

Help I Have a Yamaha 200HPDI o

Help I Have a Yamaha 200HPDI outboard that has been loosing rpm for about a year. I was running about 5600 rpm and did a "Tune up " and changed the fuel filter on the high pressure pump inside the fuel tank on the motor. The rpms dropped down to 4800 and the boat just wasnt feeling as peppy. I found if I tried to trim my engine while running I would have a noticeable momentary dip in RPM but as soon as I stopped the trim motor they would come back up. I took my kids for a sight seeing trip on the fourth of July anchored up for about 20 minutes. When it came time to go I could not start the engine. I narrowed my problem to a fuse blowing on the engine that is labeled for the ignition and electric fuel pump. every fuse I put in it blows as soom as I install it. Is this my electric fuel pump? Do I have a DEAD short in it? is there a test for it?How does happen with no warning? Was the problems I had last year with my rpms the warning the pump was going? My extended warrantee just expired 5-28-2008. The boat wasnt even in the water until July First.

Back