Logo

Help Carb Question

I have a 3.0 liter 1989 mercru

I have a 3.0 liter 1989 mercrusier. I have a fuel drip. I was wondering what carb will work. I believe it is a Rochester two barrel green label on it. Is it ok to use a mercarb or do i need to use the Rochester again which is better and easier to setup

"You can get a rebuild kit for

"You can get a rebuild kit for that pretty cheaply, or have it rebuilt. Tell them it's a marine carb."

The "Mercarb" is an ol

The "Mercarb" is an old Rotten-Chester converted to marine use. Suggest a rebuild. MUCH cheaper.

Jeff

I bought carb rebuild kit yest

I bought carb rebuild kit yesterday. I rebilt it but did not install airhorn top piece yet. It has a little paper square i need to set the specs any info on this would be of great help. It was easy doing everything else. I did not pull the choke aseembly apart Don't think i needed to.The adjustment part is now going to be fun.

Well here is the deal still ha

Well here is the deal still have the drip in the Carb. Just ordered a brand new one what the heck. Hope fully the new one will come preset.

Question!!!!!! Does float need

Question!!!!!! Does float need to hit the needle valve at bottom of resevior. I still can't figure why i still have this drip in both barrels. Can the choke sticking cause this? I soaked carb cleaned it real well and put it back together.baffeled here.

You might have a pourous carb

You might have a pourous carb bowl--it happens. I had one in a Carter AFB. Had to toss it out.

Jeff

Put it new carb she running fi

Put it new carb she running fine.......I did have some hesitation on water today. Might be the idle screw or need to adjust he lean mixture any advise would be of great help... I am going to check my fuel water seperator..and filter to make sure all that is fine...

where is the fuel/water separa

where is the fuel/water separator located? I am having a similar problem.

Back