Logo

Took her out for a spin not all good

zebandceri

I have posted about my 96 bayl

I have posted about my 96 bayliner 3.0 alpha one. We bought it last year and had allot of fun it ran and sounded great. It has been sitting almost 6 months and during that time we have had record rain fall. To make things worse I forgot to remove the drain plug so when I went to check on it water was middle way up the alternator. I quickly drained it and began drying out all the electrical components gave it a fresh engine oil change and fresh stern oil change. It started right up and seemed to run good. I took it to the bay tonight. Right off the bat it sounded a bit noisier than usual then after we got out a ways I started to have some shaking in the steering wheel and loss of power. That seemed to come and go. When I retuned to the ramp I found a piece of nylon grain sack dangling off the stern I thought that was it for sure but as I got in it floated off and was not wound at all. I then took it back out the shake was gone and it had full power. But still it is louder than usual and I am not 100% sure that sack was all my troubles. When I got home I checked both oil's and they were clean as a whistle no milky blend or even a drop of water. Can bad gas make an engine run louder? Can something come loose in the stern? Any ideas? Thanks.

"Is the noise coming from insi

"Is the noise coming from inside the boat?
Are the gauges showing normal, especially the temp guage?
Do you have power steering?"

"Did You remove the drive, or

"Did You remove the drive, or just change oil? water can get in the u-joint bellows from inside the boat and affect gimbal bearing (noise) & U-joints (vibration, especially when turning)"

I've got a 350 in my bayli

I've got a 350 in my bayliner. Had some problems but managed to fix everything...so i thought. Now my engine is making a loud clanking and the rpm's start to go down and she acts like shes gonna die when i try to give her more gas. Anyone know whats going on??

Back