Logo

Johnson 95

T

Tuffcruiser

"Hello I have read bucket load

"Hello I have read bucket loads of info about this motor on this site,
Now i just have a few questions.
I see some posts talking about water getting into the lower unit? how can you tell if it is doing this.
Also it looks like I have either a cracked coil or lead, because when I put my hand in the bucket I gat zapped... so if I take the top off will it change anything like timing or can i just take it off.. Thanks for anyhelp."

"To check for water in your lo

"To check for water in your lower unit remove the oil fill screw. If water or white milky oil comes out Guess what? Changing the oil in the lower unit should :correction MUST be done at least once a year if not more. This is about the easiest and least expensive prev. maint. but the most ignored.
Removing the couling will not change any settings but caution,the couling is also a safety guard .
Get a manual.
As to the zapping trouble I'll let somone else handle that one."

"To check for water in your lo

"To check for water in your lower unit remove the oil fill screw. If water or white milky oil comes out Guess what? Changing the oil in the lower unit should :correction MUST be done at least once a year if not more. This is about the easiest and least expensive prev. maint. but the most ignored.
Removing the couling will not change any settings but caution,the couling is also a safety guard .
Get a manual.
As to the zapping trouble I'll let somone else handle that one."

"About the zapping:
Try to ru

"About the zapping:
Try to run the motor in the dark, and you will probably be able to see a spark somewhere around the coil.
Robert"

"Thanks guys. Well thats good,

"Thanks guys. Well thats good, I dont have water in the lower unit..
and the look for the spark in the dark great idea ... Thanks."

"Also I should have said remov

"Also I should have said removing the flywheel, not the top cheers."

Back