Logo

More of the 75 searay with 87 302

jeremy421

"i am looking to rebuild this

"i am looking to rebuild this motor as long as i see that the block is OK and nothing with the out drive shoving the crank forward, but since i am digging into it i would like to boost it's performance from the stock 188 HP. I would like to get around 250 out of it with cam, intake & 4 brl carb. would like some direction on the cam. Is there a differance between auto/marine as far as that goes?? other than firing order."

"Check out comp cams website,

"Check out comp cams website, they make marine specific cams . You could use a auto cam but the ones for marine use have been specifically designed and dyno'ed to have maximum performance in specific rpm ranges used in marine engines."

"thanx Ed, web sites for Lunat

"thanx Ed, web sites for Lunati, compcam, & edelbrock
are a little vague on the best fit but it's a great start, however all of their tech suport phone numbers are impossible. I am hoping someone has been down this road before and can direct me to which may give me the best bang for my buck without troubles of stalling at low idle, or without troubles of ramming into forward and reverse at a higher idle.
Thanx again."

Back