Logo

ReInstalling Bravo 3 onto 57 need advice

abl1111

Regular Contributor
"I'm re-installing my 2004

"I'm re-installing my 2004 Bravo 3 drive onto my 5.7 L Mercruiser myself - for the 1st time ( mechanic has done it for the past (2) years ). I'm mechanically inclined, just do not have the shop manual yet.

I want to make sure that there is nothing specific that I must do besides the obvious.

What gear should I be in ? Is there any advice on engaging the shift cable to the drive ?

Anything need to be greased before I put the drive on ? The odd shaped gasket: Use anything to hold it place? If the shaft does not slide right in, what should I do ? Lastly, should I replace the nyloc nuts that hold the drive on each season?

Thx..."

"I belive the remote control s

"I belive the remote control stays in neutral, at the drive you need to pull out the "tonge" of the shift mechanism at the drive. Use needle nose or small pliers to pull it out and it will open its mouth to accept the cable end. Make sure your orings are there, the ujoints are permalube type, the spline gets grease from the coupler inside the boat. slide it in if it wants to no go due to the splines, give a small turn on the prop and it should go. get the cable end into the shift mechanism and slide it on. you can reuse the nyloc nuts, torque to 50 ftlbs."

Back