Logo

b94 90 HP Yamaha tilttrim motor replacement

waterbill

"It appears the only way to ge

"It appears the only way to get the last trim motor mounting bolt off is to remove and the engine from the transom, separate the hold-down bracket, and have at it. I test-loosened all the other bolts to make sure there would be no problem. Remarkably, they all freely loosened up from this 12 year old salt water engine! The nut (nut #1) where the steering cable goes into the tube loosened easily. The nut that is part of the of the steering cable (nut 2) would not budge. My question: Is nut 2 supposed to turn, or is it just something to put a wrench on to hold steady while turning the first nut I mentioned? Do these hold down clamps usually present a problem when attempting to separate them? I remember having a heck of a time with an OMC engine bracket separation job."

"Bill,

Both nuts should loo

"Bill,

Both nuts should loosen.

You probably do not have to remove the engine, but you can prop it up and get enough clearance to remove the last screw.

Tony"

"Thanks for the advice. I'

"Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try. If there was some type of flexible extension, you could almost reach that last screw, but starting it back in without cross-threading would be another trick altogether."

"That steering cable nut was t

"That steering cable nut was the only one that ended up being a problem. My mechanic had to heat and beat, but he got it loose without any damage to the cable or the bracket."

Back