Logo

Need help to ID Palmer serial number

R

Ron Fisk

" The Atomic 4 engine in my Co

" The Atomic 4 engine in my Columbia sailboat was replaced with a Palmer 60 engine.What I believe to be the serial number is 355741R6. There is another number L3219X..with the 219X part enclosed in a rectangle.If anyone has a Palmer with a number close to either of the two I've listed,can you give me an idea of the model year amd is it the M-60 or what ?
Thanks,
Ron "

" Ron, I think the numbers yo

" Ron, I think the numbers you are referring to are IHC numbers. The Palmer numbers would be in one of three places. On top of the reverse gear, on top of the exhaust manifold or in rare cases on the oil cooler. IN any case the M-60 and P-60 are the same Internation Harvester Corp, Cub Tractor block. The only unique part is IHC ground the end of the tractor crankshaft to meet the spline for the Paragon OXKB transmission. All the engine parts are IHC Cub and available from any IHC tractor dealer. Save the crankshaft and have a tractor block rebuilt using the marine crankshaft. Save all the marine related trim and talk IHC not Palmer to the IHC dealer. "

"Ron,

We can supply a [url=

"Ron,

We can supply a Palmer P-60 service manual.

Regards,
Andrew Menkart
"

Back