Logo

Chevy 454 to GenVI

coldone4unow

I have a 88 Supra with a chevy

I have a 88 Supra with a chevy 454 that has a busted block. I was told that i could swap out a Gen VI engine for the chevy. IS this possible? Is this a bad idea? What do i need to be careful of? looking for advice! New boat owner.

PB

"Gen IV, meaning the newest mo

"Gen IV, meaning the newest motors? Sure, it's possible, but you'll need a new harness, a complete motor with all sensors, an ECM, the right program, a MIL for the dash, etc. How much do you want to spend? If you don't want to spend more than $3000, don't even think about the Gen IV 'cause that isn't gonna happen.

Can't you get a short block for it? It'll be a lot easier and if you look for one that's been marinized, it should have a warranty. Car/truck motors usually indicate no warranty if it's used in a boat. Jasper offers an 18 month marine warranty, unlimited hours."

"Yes, you can buy a brand new

"Yes, you can buy a brand new Gen VI. All of your parts will bolt up with the exception of your mechanical fuel pump. The new block has no boss for the pump but there is an electric pump kit available which replaces your mechanical one. Depending on what intake you have, you may need to grind the rivets off which hold the baffle on the underside of the intake manifold.

Although the 454 has been out of production for several years, these engines are still made as replacment engines. They are brand new from GM and come with a warranty.

If you have problems getting one, e-mail me.

Good luck
Rick"

I have a Gen6 454 crate motor

I have a Gen6 454 crate motor I rebuilt. I have all the torque spec. with exception of the valve adjustment. They have bolts not adjuctable nuts. So what is the adjustment for the bolts?

I have a gen6 454 crate motor I rebuilt. I have been able to find torque spec. on everything but the valves.

Back