Logo

Bad fuel in just 21 days

discobayken

Regular Contributor
I was at the local marine part

I was at the local marine parts store and I overheared the mechanic telling a customer that todays gas can go from 89 octane to about 70 in just 21 days w/o stabilizer. Can that be true or was he just trying to sell the guy some Stabilizer? I have some gas from last year in my tank and I KNOW that way too long... Anyone know more about this? Thanks

"It is possible, but not in 21

"It is possible, but not in 21 <u>consecutive</u> days.
biggrin.gif
"

"HAHA, good one. On a more ser

"HAHA, good one. On a more serious note...is there a product you recommend to stabilize gas? a tank typically will last me all season. I do a lot of trolling and she only sips gas. (this is NOT a complaint!!!!)"

"Ken, I don't use any stab

"Ken, I don't use any stabilizers and I have never had a problem with the gas deteriorating (even if at one point I did not use it for almost two years). However, I have seen several boats where the gas went bad, but usually after a very long period of storage. Don't know if the specs for US and Canadian gas are different (maybe the US gas contains more ethanol, which can make the gas go bad earlier).

FWIW, in the shop I used to work the product of choice was Quicksilver Fuel Treatment and Stabilizer."

Ireplaced a marchal volt reg.

Ireplaced a marchal volt reg. that has only 2 terminal with a bosch reg. with 3 terms. The alternator is Motorola on a Volvo B-30 engine.
What is the correct hook up for the Bosch reg.
Larry

Back