Logo

A Fastenall Experience

thostorey

Regular Contributor
"I posted this on the local fi

"I posted this on the local fishing forum but it is probably of any interest only to those who have access to a company named 'Fastenall', that sells, what else, fasteners
biggrin.gif
. I needed the hardware for my engine.

"So I went to the Nanaimo Fastenall to buy a couple of stainless bolts. Nope, had to buy a package of 50 'cause they don't sell by the each. Ok, the price was only $5-ish so I said I'd take the 50. The clerk then informed me that their new policy is to charge a $5 "restocking fee" on top of all purchase prices. I walked out of the store sans bolts and I'll not soon be back. Just my reaction to what I believe to be a mindless policy 'cause there are bolts in other bins."

Tom"

"Don't like dealing with t

"Don't like dealing with those guys either, they have stores in Vancouver. IMO they are rip off artists. Just go to your local marine store to buy 1 of's. Acklands is also very good, but again you may have to buy box quantities.

Have a great day,

Rob."

"Tom, next time try the Harbou

"Tom, next time try the Harbour Chandler or the Nanaimo Marine Center in Stewart Avenue. They have a great assortment of stainless fasteners and their prices are good."

Back