Logo

2001 outdrive leak

santacruzin

"I have a 2001 yami 115 4 stro

"I have a 2001 yami 115 4 stroke that i had the lower end serviced in march 08, new water pump kit and service. Only been fishing three times approx. 16 hrs. store on land with motor verticle just brought home and left motor up for two days and see small amounts of what i think is gear oil leaking at lower end seam and out the small holes on the lower outdrive checked fluid level and was perfect with no water that i could tell. Should i be concerned."

I would remove the lower unit-

I would remove the lower unit-----Remove the water pump-------Remove the upper seal housing and inspect the seals.The seals may be " cocked "in the housing.----Do you live in a freezing climate??

"No i live in santa cruz ca. a

"No i live in santa cruz ca. and it hasnt been cold at all since the service. Maybe i should call the place that serviced it ,Monterey bay marine. Has anybody heard any bad things about these guys?"

yes i have!!

the best is dr

yes i have!!

the best is drain lower unit oil
pressure and vacuum test!

are you a fullspeeder or coastsider???

I'm not sure what you mean

I'm not sure what you mean by fullsp. or cstsider. But i never run the motor full out its to fast for my 18' christcraft center console. I noticed it leaking when motor was up and tilted to the right. wiped it clean the other day and hav'nt noticed any more drips. Buti'm fishing tommorow and i will check it when i get back. These guys have a bad rep. i'm finding out. I will call them on it because it never leaked before they serviced it. wheres your shop justintime.

"OH! yes i have been to both s

"OH! yes i have been to both sights but not joined either. I go on bent rod .com.-- Went fishing today and on the way in motor lost power would'nt get on a plane like a third of the power NOW WHAT! Idle was fine rpms were good but no power went in. what could it be? rpms at idle .6 seemed low and died when putting in reverse starts back up fine seems a little rough. PLUGS, FUEL WATER SEP., LOW BATTERYS ? HELP JUSTINTIME. I never had any problem with this motor it always ran fine where do i start."

"Found major water in fuel wat

"Found major water in fuel water seperator Lrg yamaha filter over half full and what looks like the old red sta-bil. changed seperator and cleaned motor filter/water trap and changed plugs. seems fine will fish tommorow, hard to tell on land. Thanks for all input!"

"Still runs like crap! new plu

"Still runs like crap! new plugs and all are fireing, compression 160 all cylinders, new water sep. new fuel filter on motor. squeezed out some fuel into jar and looks great. NOW WHAT! When running i squeeze pump on fuel line no difference. HELP!-maybe air in lines, fuel pump, electric ? what else. warning buzzer does nothing either."

Back