Logo

PSI Oil Pressure What should this be

wlatour

I have a Volvo Penta Gas 4cyl

I have a Volvo Penta Gas 4cyl and when I was at full throttle my oil pressure was at 80psi. When at half throttle it drops to 65psi. At idle it runs around 30psi. I changed my oil and used 10-30 synthetic last year. I checked the oil after a few runs last week and it is very clear and clean. Should I change it again? Is that oil ok to use.

"Your oil pressure is just fin

"Your oil pressure is just fine, VP states in the operator's manual a 35-85 psi range as a guideline. Remember that all engines have a drop in oil pressure when they are warm and a further drop with an RPM decrease.

FWIW, I was using 15W-40 on my 4 banger for several years with no problems. I used that grade because it increased the oil pressure at idle when compared to 10W-30 or 10W-40, especially after a long hard run."

"I have a B-30 engine in my sp

"I have a B-30 engine in my sports car, and the oil pressure dropped to 30# at cruise, and 10# at idle. I have checked the oil pump, and it is like new (20,000 miles). Oil galleries are clear and a new mechanical gage has been used to varify condition.Pulled main bearing cap revealing no abnormalties. The valve train seems well oiled.I have tried different viscocities with no change.Any sugestions?
Larry"

Back