Logo

Help with yamaha 25

trb108

I have a 1987 Yamaha 25 electr

I have a 1987 Yamaha 25 electric / manual start.

I took the boat out for the first time this year and the impeller went out. Was running fine. I replaced the impeller. Carried the boat back out and it cranks and pee's. Well When I crank it and put it in gear it wont hardly go past idle fast. I can slip the cover off and manually speed the motor up to wide open throttle but when I put it in gear and throttle on it wonnt go much past idle. I pulled the GAS LINE off and it took off like normal. When I put the gas line back on an pump it up it does the same thing again. I can actuallt be running the motor on the water in gear and slip the gas line off. The motor speeds up and runs like a dream until all the gas runs out of the carb. Its like its gets too much gas when the line is on or something ????
I have checked the gas line and tried running the tank with the cap tight and the cap loose. CRAZY MAN. WHats wrong with it ????

Thanks

TB

This is not " crazy "

This is not " crazy " at all. You have either a leaking float valve or a ruptured fuel pump diaphragm.With the hose attached ( motor not running )squeeze the bulb.If fuel runs out of the carburetor it is the float.If the bulb does not go hard and you do not see fuel leaking out of the carburetor it is the pump.

Back