Logo

1988 Mercruiser Alpha One 25 Fuel Drip

burocbird21

After shut off my carb continu

After shut off my carb continues to have a flow of gas. I was told to start the engine and lightly pinch the fuel line til it quits. Supposedly this opens the fuel port and when you open the fuel line back up it will dislodge any junk. Does this sound logical. Any other ideas?

Youre carb needs repiar I surg

Youre carb needs repiar I surgest taking it to a pro for an O/Haul

"Changing alternator belt on M

"Changing alternator belt on Mercruiser Alpha-One 3.0L. I can't find a way putting the belt on unless the belt goes through the engine mount! If that's the case, how? The steering belt is a peice of cake but not the Alternator!"

"Tom - Same thing happend to m

"Tom - Same thing happend to mine but I realized it happens when I shut the engine off immediately after a stop. So After I slow down and stop I let the engine run idle (cool down period) for about 5 minutes then shut the engine off and it didn't happend again, try it and let us know."

""Does this sound logical.

""Does this sound logical. Any other ideas?"

Logical,... But an Unlikely CURE......

I think it's time for a Carb Rebuild........."

What do you got to loose? Try

What do you got to loose? Try it first and if it didn't work then try somthing else.

Rebuild the carb. Its for sure

Rebuild the carb. Its for sure got junk in the needle and seat. Those engines do have a fuel filter on top of the fuel pump that no one changes.

"..."Changing alternator b

"..."Changing alternator belt on Mercruiser Alpha-One 3.0L. I can't find a way putting the belt on unless the belt goes through the engine mount! If that's the case, how? The steering belt is a peice of cake but not the Alternator!"

Tony: You need to start a new thread, not tach your question on to another's, but I will help you anyway.

Yes, there is a block of metal that makes up the mount that can be removed so you can thread a new belt in there. Suggest you put TWO belts back--put one on hte pulleys and tie-wrap the other out of the way as a spare.

Jeff"

"I am new to the site Jeff and

"I am new to the site Jeff and appreciate your feedback and taking the time to help me out. Where is this block located? There are two mount one on each side of the engine with two bolts is this the one, if yes, which one, port or starboard side? Once again thanks very much. Tony"

Back