Logo

671 blower that doesnbt turn

S

Smokey Spin

"It usedta run nice, but lots

"It usedta run nice, but lots of white smoke till warm up. Now it will not start.

Removing air intake hose, cranking produced no suction. Mates say some blower gear is broke.

1. If that's it, where's the best place to get a new one?

2. Is there such a thing as a different ratio? So I can up the blower pressure? Make it spin a little faster?"

THE BLOWER DRIVE SHAFT SPLINES

THE BLOWER DRIVE SHAFT SPLINES ARE STRIPPED AND THE COUPLING IS PROBLEY BAD ALSO.REMOVE STAR PLATE FROM BACK OF ENGINE TO GET TO SHAFT. REMOVE SPRING CLIP AND PULL SHAFT OUT AND CHECK SPLINES.

"FORGOT TO SAY AFTER YOU HAVE

"FORGOT TO SAY AFTER YOU HAVE SHAFT OUT, REACH IN A MAKE SURE BLOWER SPINS FREE. IF IT DOSE NOT THEN PULL THE FRONT OFF BLOWER AND CHECK TO SEE IF ROTORS ARE SEIZED. AS FOR WERE TO GET PARTS IT DEPENEDS ON WERE YOU ARE."

Woo-hoo!!
Thanks!!
That'

Woo-hoo!!
Thanks!!
That's dandy.
Parts isn't a BIG problem as we have a DD dealer hereabouts but I was wondering if the Net had cheap parts somewheres? I get many parts for many things that way and have learned where good parts houses are on other devices (like my vintage Mercedes Diesel) but never had DD parts to buy.

Any good Net houses??

"Smokey: DD's are expansiv

"Smokey: DD's are expansive machines. If you want the right part, please buy only DD manufactured parts not aftermarket parts. You'll pay a top dollar for them but you know what you are getting. But then again, It is your engine and it is your money.

Olymbitis"

"I am a dealer for surplus DDA

"I am a dealer for surplus DDA parts as well as used and aftermarket.
Chuck's Fabrication and Machine
E-mail [email protected]
I also handle other diesel engine parts."

Back