Logo

Rebuilt motor ran now wont start

bigredghp

"Hi I just rebuilt the powerhe

"Hi I just rebuilt the powerhead on my yamaha 225 saltwater series outboard. Before running the motor i was told to run it rich so I have about 50:1 in the tank and the oil injection system hooked up also. We had the motor running for a little whlie but then crapped out from all the smoke. We cleaned the plugs and got it running again but the motor was definatly running way to rich it was smoking like crazy and there was oil dripping from the prop. So we removed the injection system and had the motor running again for 15 minutes. Yesterday when i went to put the boat in the water for a seatrial the motor started up with choke and a little throttle, it then idled down after a minute or so then sputtered out. I restarted it and it then did the same thing when i put some throttle to it. I removed the plugs and put in cleaner used plugs but now it wont start. Ive tried putting the oil injection system back, on draining the carb bowls, emptying the fuel filter and inspecting it, cleaning the plugs again but i still have no luck. When i remove the plugs there seems to be fuel on them and the head of the piston is wet when you look in the cylinder. Is there any chance that these plugs have just had it and are no good or could i have smoked out the cylinders from it running wayy too rich. I also removed all of the plugs and cranked it over trying to blow out what ever extra oil that was in there but nothing seems to be working. If there is anyone with any input or ideas it would be much appreciated to get some help thanks"

No i didnt but after letting i

No i didnt but after letting it sit overnight it fired right up! but now im getting an over heating alarm and i replaced the water pump last year the thermostats and the over heating sensors because one was shot and the stream of water its pissing out isnt that strong.

Back