Logo

1994 DT150 no spark all 3 cyls on one side

phiggy68

"What could cause one side of

"What could cause one side of the motor to have no spark? any sensors/safety devices? Where do I start? Any help is appreciated.
new.gif
"

"Checked resistance on temp se

"Checked resistance on temp sensor got 1.310 k ohms LG/W to B/W wires. temp was @ 97 deg f
air temp sensor read 1.416 k ohms LG/B to B/W wires. temp @ 97 deg f
Gear counter read 227.2 ohms O/G to B/G wires.
pulser coils read 227.7 ohms B to R/B wires, 227.9 ohms B to R/W wires, and 228.2 ohms B to W/B wires
Condenser coils read .541 k ohms W/BL to W/R wires and 87.9 ohms G to B/R wires
Charge coils read .5 ohms, .5 ohms, .6 ohms between each other
you guys see any wrong readings .

I'm about to the end of my rope don't know anything else to check"

"Thanks for posting I thought

"Thanks for posting I thought for a while that I was on my own. The Seloc manual only gave resistance checks and peak voltage to check CDI. I'll try checking the voltage and post as soon as I can. I don't have a dva but I do have a fluke 27 meter that has a min/max feature that when on max will read and display maximum voltage,ohms,or amperage and I took readings from wires going to ignition coils just to get an idea. with spark plugs removed and not hooked up cyls 1,3,&5 read @ 4.5 vdc and cyls 2,4,&6 read @ 70 vdc thats when I thought that it might be a sensor or something keeping the motor in "Safe mode" It's just weird that it's 3 cyls and their all on the same side of the motor and not just one or none that are not firing. Thanks again Just-In-Time"

"I know. I guess if I were in

"I know. I guess if I were in the outboard repair buisness I would might buy one, but I'm just trying to fix mine."

If it works good and does what

If it works good and does what you need their is no reason to spend a chunk of money on something thats going to do the same thing.

"I got the DVA this afternoon,

"I got the DVA this afternoon, but I'm working back 12's so I wont be able to test anything today. If I can stay awake long enough tomorrow morning I'll get the voltage readings for the CDI. I'll post my findings ASAP."

"Ok here are the readings I go

"Ok here are the readings I got off the wires feeding the primary side of the ignition coils <font color=""ff6000"">#1 cyl orange wire = 1.076 VDC</font>, <font color=""0000ff"">#2 cyl blue wire = 79.5 VDC</font><font color=""808080"">, #3 cyl grey wire = 1.091 VDC</font> <font color=""119911"">, #4 cyl light green wire = 83.2</font>, #5 cyl white wire = 1.054,& <font color=""0000ff""> #6 cyl blue/</font><font color=""119911"">green wire</font><font color=""0000ff""> = 82.3 </font> <font color=""119911"">VDC</font> I'm sorry about posting so late I was just too tired after working all night. I hope this was the right test points I used. What is the next step?"

no I just unpluged them from t

no I just unpluged them from the coil. should I conect spark plug to? the selco manual realy didn't go into great detail with testing CDI. it does say that it should read 120 volts or greater. Thanks for helping me out I can use all the help I can get.

"Ok I'll plug both spark p

"Ok I'll plug both spark plugs back in to coil and retest. also should I put all the spark plugs back in the cyl head or leave them out,all the testing I did I had them out"

"I would have left the spark p

"I would have left the spark plugs in but the selco manual said to remove the spark plugs to get a more consistant reading, but I do agree with you the motor needs to be in as normal state as possible to get a good reading . I'll just put plug wires on cyl that I'm testing so motor doesnt start up. Thanks again putting me back on the right track. Seems like this selco manual is not so good, wish I had a factory manual for my motor but I've been unable to find one on the net that is for my year and h.p. it probably would cost a arm and leg if I did.
Thanks again."

"Here are the readings with ev

"Here are the readings with everything hooked up like normal. primary side of coils [infeed side] with motor running.
#1 cyl. orange wire = @ .001 VDC
#2 cyl. blue wire = @ 243 VDC
#3 cyl. grey wire = @ .203 VDC
#4 cyl. light green wire = @ 250 VDC
#5 cyl. White/green wire = @1.1 VDC
#6 cyl. blue/green wire = @ 250 VDC
I know it's been a while but I'm back, just been working and had tto much other stuff to do.
What is the next step?"

"Use dva and check vdc of the

"Use dva and check vdc of the 3 pulser[trigger] coils? Sorry for asking stupid questions, but I trust you more than this manual I got and I want to make sure I'm testing the right way"

Back