Logo

Yamaha EFI Outboards Running Poorly Cure

suntanjam

"Hi Guys,

FYI. I have a Y

"Hi Guys,

FYI. I have a Yamaha F150TXRC. It was running poorly. I had no power, sputtering, etc. I tried all the obvious, fuel filter, water separator, checking the fine screen inside the fuel pump to no avail. I took it to the dealer (since I had run out of ideas) I purchased the motor from and he wanted over a $1000 to repair my problem. He charged me $400 to diagnose the problem and wanted another $750 to replace injectors for cylinders 2 and 3. I told him to stop work and paid him the $400 and took my boat back home. After doing some research on cleaning injectors and reading some wonderful reviews, I used a place called Witchhunter performance in Washington State. Their website is witchhunter.com WOW! They did an incredible job! They give you a comprehensive stat sheet of before and after showing spray pattern, flow rate, etc. They replaced all the o-rings, rubber gaskets, internal parts and restored the injectors to factory spec for $18 an injector. They returned all of the old parts that they replaced. I shipped them on Wednesday and got them back on Saturday. I took the boat out yesterday and the motor ran fantastic! My injectors were so fouled that I was running on about 1.5 cylinders. Not any more! I highly recommend these guys. You can't go wrong! If I had let the dealer complete the job, not only would I have spent over $1000 bucks, my motor would have still had two partially fouled injectors and probably would have had to be serviced again as the fouled injectors would have only gotten worse. I’m now a happy boater again! Also, I'm not familiar with all of the Yamaha motors, but it took less than 10 minutes to remove the injectors. If you have any questions about my experience, please feel free to ask."

"Justin,

Yea, they were goi

"Justin,

Yea, they were going to bend me over good. Evidently they don't know the old saying, "do a good job for someone and they will eventually tell someone", "do a bad job and they will go out of their way to tell anyone who will listen". They got me once and thats it. And I will be telling a lot of buddies to stay clear of this place."

Back