Logo

Fuel pump BB140A

jon_a

Contributing Member
"Hope everyone is well, I havn

"Hope everyone is well, I havn't been on this board in a while.
Can anyone tell me about the vent line on the fuel pump, it vents into the forward carb air intake.
The plastic line on mine is clear and I can see bubbles and I can see the line fill with liquid when the engine is started. I don't know how much liquid is leaking by, I just noticed it this afternoon and I didn't have enough time to take it apart and run into a jug. I do not believe this was happening last year.
It doesn't seem to affect the running of the engine.
Thanks in advance.

Jon"

"You need a new pump; the diap

"You need a new pump; the diaphraghm in yours has ruptured, that's why you see gas in the plastic hose."

"Thanks, that makes sense.
Ot

"Thanks, that makes sense.
Other than that little problem we're doing pretty well this year. The biggest improvement was aligning the engine to the prop shaft. It runs much smoother. What a big difference.
And with gas prices heading to the stratosphere I can still use this boat without going to the bank for a loan. I gotta do some mpg calculations but I do know 5 gals will last a whole afternoon. It is a narrow, round bottom hull that runs very easily, the BB140 is almost too big....

Jon"

"Hey Jon, Hey Pescador, I just

"Hey Jon, Hey Pescador, I just had to pop in and say hello. My engine is running pretty strong currently. Thanks to you guys!!!"

Back