Logo

What is wrong of my 1992 yamaha 200 outboard fuel supply

jjdluz

Regular Contributor
"i have 1992 yamaha 200 outboa

"i have 1992 yamaha 200 outboard,take out fishing run wot no problem,on the way back it won't idle,if i hit the choke before it die it will start pick up rpm,high speed run good,just idle,i already change fuel pump,check hose leak(it look fine)i feel like it is fuel supply,because as soon i hit the choke it will pick up rpm,anybody have more idea?thanks for all good advice."

"thanks,that is what i plan to

"thanks,that is what i plan to do,i have question about the carb,i have 3 carb come off 1991 yamaha 150 hp,i rebuild it,and it realy look no different then my 1992 yamaha 200 carb,can i put 150 hp to 200 hp outboard,what i need to doto make it right,it mount on proline 21 center console,thanks."

"which jet is bigger or all je

"which jet is bigger or all jet is bigger,is tht mean if i put 150 carb on 200 motor ,it might not have enough oil go to the piston?or just cut down the power?what is the down side to do that?thanks."

"one more question,just in tim

"one more question,just in time,what u think smallest hp motor i can put it on my 21ft proline center console?150hp?175hp?and do u think 4 stroke will be good for fuel saving?thanks."

"just in time u are right agai

"just in time u are right again!!!it is carb build up with trash in bowl,stop up some jets,i already put in another fuel filter beside the one on motor,so i have water gas spaerator plus two gas filter,if i still have trash problem what do u think i need to do next,hate to spend big bucks for somebody come clean it out,how much will cost anyway for them come clean 90gal tank with maybe 15gal gas left in it?"

"i will do that,and i can use

"i will do that,and i can use gas put in my car,i think a little oil won't hurt my honda,(which i already put some oil gas mix last time from my boat gas)i will pump the gas out let it sit for a while till trash sink to buttom,and put gas in my car,and dump the gas on buttom out,agree?thanks just in time."

Back