Logo

Engine acting up at full throttle15 hp 4 stroke

pat_the_rat

"im new to this forum and also

"im new to this forum and also new owner of a 15 hp 4 stroke yammi,motor is a 2003,went for a test run tonight,the motor runs awesome,starts nice,idles perfectly and gets up to speed very quickly,the only problem is when it gets to its top speed its starts acting up,like the motor is cutting off or is there a rev limiter,almost sounds like a knock in the motor but it runs so good i'm kind of rulling that out,when the sounds starts,i just ease the throttle a bit and the sound goes away and runs perfect,im confused"

"Patrick, did you have it into

"Patrick, did you have it into a shop for a good once over when you bought it?

Four strokes are way more sensative to maintenance than any 2 stroke you have ever experienced.

This is now 5 years old. Have the valves ever been adjusted? Before your awesome motor turns into a pile of junk take it to a dealer and make sure it is caught up on all it's routine maintenance - if you neglect it the way 2 strokes get neglected you will be shopping for another motor in very short order..."

"the motor was serviced regula

"the motor was serviced regularly and just before i bought it,the oil was changed and the prop shaft was replaced,dealer found the problem,nothing,turns out the propeller is too small for my boat so i was hitting the rev limiter,will try a bigger prop and dealer said it should fix the problem"

Back