Logo

91 Octane for AQ131a

rfinkel

"The owners manual recommends

"The owners manual recommends 91 octane fuel. Only regular, 87 octane is available at the pumps on the lake. Is there a fuel additive that I should be using or any carburator adjustments needed to for the lower octane fuel?? It would be impractical to trailer the boat for each fill up."

Try some octane booster. I us

Try some octane booster. I use it all the time on my AQ130C and the only thing I notice when using it is the spark plugs sometimes get orangish-brown deposits on them.

"Gents, RON (Research Octa

"Gents, RON (Research Octane Number) is the octane rating adoped in most of the world (including most European countries). However, the USA, Canada and other countries use a different octane rating (R+M)/2, which is the average beween RON and MON (MON stands for Motor Octane Rating). This means the US & Canadian octane figure is 4-5 points lower than the European octane figure. For example, the US& Canada 87 gas (regular) is the 91 RON (European).

In summary, the minimum octane for your AQ131 in North American terms is 87 (also known as "Regular).
biggrin.gif
"

"Thanks El Pescador. Your expe

"Thanks El Pescador. Your experince is really helpful for novice boaters/mechanics like myself, who have to otherwise rely on the printed word and the local mechanic's limited experience with these older boats."

"I have an AQ 130 that has bee

"I have an AQ 130 that has been setting for a couple of years. It seams to be locked up, however the boat was running at the time it was parked. I was seriously injured a couple of years ago and am just thinking about trying to get it running again if at all possible. Any thoughts? Thanks Bob"

I am a newbee and don't wa

I am a newbee and don't want to give you any wrong suggestions. Try posting this question as a New topic/post and there are many knowlagable particpants who would likeky offer some help.

"Even though the regular is OK

"Even though the regular is OK, I still run mid-grade in my AQ 131. Around here the marine fuel (marked, purple gas) is generally mid-grade.

Have a great day,

Rob."

Back