Logo

Fuel line question

R

Rob 1234

i have a 1988 yamaha 225 excel

i have a 1988 yamaha 225 excel in a 22 foot boston whaler revenge the boat gets right up on plane and then at around 4000-4200 rpms begins to surge.What is happening is that i am getting aeration in the fuel system When this occurs the fuel filter on the motor Starts to aerate with bubbles if i pump the primer bulb manually it gets enough fuel back into the carbs and the boat runs back up to 5200 rpms.I beleive that there is a small leak somewere in a line or fitting from the tank to the motor even though i have no evident fuel leak any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated thanks.

"I had the same problem with m

"I had the same problem with my motor could not find the problem and went and bought new gas line,filter,bubble and hose clamps. Replaced all of that and still had the problem.Checked the fuel system on motor everything checked out with that.Finally replaced the fitting on motor and it fix the problem there was no gas coming from around it just on the fuel line before i replaced it.Boat runs great now all besides battery guages jumping.Fix one problem and what do you know it is another. But cannot complain it is a 90 model and yet to have failed me on the water and have had it for at least 8 years and never had to touch it........."

Back