Logo

2002 Yamaha 150 losing RPMs

W

willy bird

"My 2002 yamaha 150 2-stroke s

"My 2002 yamaha 150 2-stroke started running rough at wot, the only way to keep it running was to choke. Tried amsoil carb cleaner and seafoam, changed plugs, replaced bulb and fuel line. boat would run great for 3 miles then start the same. Finally dropped a cylinder, changed plugs ran good then lost 1000 Rpm and 7mph top end, firing on all 6, sounds oK but some loss of power throughout throttle."

water in the fule take a fule

water in the fule take a fule test in like a hafe of a pop bottle fill it if their is water in it you will see it ar the bottom

"No doubt it could have water

"No doubt it could have water in it but the sepaerator aint showing it, changed it anyway. Hate to drain 80 gallons of fuel at todays cost!"

"Second time into the carbs wa

"Second time into the carbs was the charm. Never really found any debris, bowls were super clean jets were open. Its a mystery to me but its running good now."

2003 4 stroke 225 yamaha lost

2003 4 stroke 225 yamaha lost power while running at low rpm. second time on water after full service and full tank of gas over winter.preservative put in fuel. gas pump bulb difficult to pressurize.

Back