Logo

03 Yamaha 115 V4 2 stroke stalling issue

J

Jay Domenic

"I was searching for some help

"I was searching for some help and you guys seem knowledgeable. When I put engine in gear it stalls. I was almost stranded in the water but I was able to use the remote choke a little to feed it fuel before it quits. I did this repeatedly while in gear and was limping back in. However, when I increased the throttle and kept choking it, it started to go and ran well at higher RPMs. But when I stopped it wouldn't accept throttle again without dying. I kept repeating the process but couldn't get it to accept throttle while in gear unless I choked it a little. Plugs are good. I have a fuel water separator. Gas has some age on it but has been stored with Sta-bil. Thanks for any help."

"Jay, this sounds familiar. I

"Jay, this sounds familiar. I have a 50hp Yamaha 2 stroke, that starts OK, runs fine with cold start throttle, but hesitates and dies when throttle is advanced in gear. If you keep trying to feed it gas (in gear) eventually it catches, and runs great at high speed. We have completely disassembled the entire fuel system and cleaned it completely.
I hope someone will have a clue. Thanks,
JB}"

Back