Logo

2006 150 VMax surging

lostboy150

"Ok, so I took the boat out th

"Ok, so I took the boat out this season and seemed to crank Ok but when I gave more throttle the engine just sputtered and acted bogged down, not enough power to plane the boat. I drained the fuel (I had Stable in it but I figured start there) and as I removed the cover on the water separator there was fuel inside the cover and the separator/ filter was loose. I Figured the system was sucking air at that point so I went ahead and changed the separator cleaned the filter on the engine and replaced the plugs.
Now it seems to run Ok but at about 2400 rpm it sputters giving it more throttle will cause it to still sputter but will eventually surge into the 3000 rpm range. The primer bulb never seems to be hard and when the engine is doing this I can stop and check the bulb it seems soft pumping it up seems to make the engine perform better. Also you can not pump the primer bulb hard unless the engine is running. It is like there is a hole in the fuel line but there is no fuel leaking anywhere now that the separator is tight.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks"

Back