Logo

Yamaha 150 2 stroke will not idle

"I own a 150hp Yamaha 2 stroke

"I own a 150hp Yamaha 2 stroke Salt Series that runs great at 1500 rpms and higher. It stalls out because fuel is not getting to the carbs. I have the wife pump the ball and or choke the engine to keep it running.

I fogged it last fall and just fired it up this past weekend. I put new fuel pumps in last fall. The fuel/water separator is fine and there's no sign of air leaking in the fuel line.
I put stabilizer in the fuel in the fall and just put 18 gallons of fresh fuel in.

Should I replace the plugs?
Can I spray carb cleaner in the carbs and try to clear the jets?
when coming down off a fast run, the engine just dies. Please advise me on what to try and the best order. Thanks"

I rebuilt the carbs and it idl

I rebuilt the carbs and it idles great. Thanks

I have another problem now. The top carb is dripping alot of fuel from the inside. I'm pretty sure all the srews are tight. Could the float(s) be stuck thus calling for more fuel? Fuel was leaking out this carb before I rebuilt it also. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

"I will replace tonight. What

"I will replace tonight. What do you mean by seat? Is it the clip that joins the float and valve? #10 on the attachment?
170467.png"" alt=""carb diagram

"Thanks for all your help !!!

"Thanks for all your help !!! Runs great and now I won't burn/waste as much fuel. You saved me alot of money by doing this myself and now I feel confident that I can do it. Thanks Again
"

"Ok,

I rebuilt the carbs

"Ok,

I rebuilt the carbs and fuel is no longer coming when the engine is running. It runs great especially at medium and top speeds.

I keep my boat at the house and I run water through ears on the bottom of the engine when running. The engine idles fine in my drive way at the manual recommendation of 675 rpm.

When I put my boat into the water, it drops to 500 and eventually stalls. It starts right up and idles when I move the throttle up to idle at a higher speed. When I back off the throttle to put into gear, it stalls. I think the problem is the idle adjustment. Thoughts or recommendations please. I want a problem free boat ride this weekend. My wife is losing confidence in my engine repair abilities.

Thanks"

"I got the idle to the appropr

"I got the idle to the appropriate level and it's not stalling, thanks. It takes over 10 seconds to come down to idle after running hard, which is weird to me. I am now having a hard time going from a slow troll to high speed. I took my kids water skiing, after a nice morning fishing, and it was bogging down (and occasionally stalling) when I would gun it to get them up. My heaviest child is only 130lbs and it's a 150hp engine. Any suggestions on how to correct would be greatly appreciated. Thanks"

"Okay, Ive adjusted the idle

"Okay, Ive adjusted the idle and it's real close to being right. One last question. At WOT, which I think means top speed, it only hit 4600 RPM at 36 mph. It's seems fast enough, but can I get more? If so how? Thanks"

Back