Logo

Yamaha 1999 200hp ox66 saltwater series

tbriscoe

"Hello,

I have a general qu

"Hello,

I have a general question about the water flow (I assume for cooling) (I'm not a mechanic :) When I bought the boat, the mechanic at the boat dealer told me, when I started the boat each time to let it idle for a few minutes and make sure that water came out of the spout at the base of the motor before taking off. I've have the boat for several years and had the scheduled maintenance done every season, and this water spout has always spit out water, expect this last time I went out. Is this something I should take it in for maintenance for, or is there some simple procedure I can do to clear this? Like something being clogged. Is this common? I was going to get the air hose and blow it up in the hole, but was afraid of blowing something that shouldn't be blown....

Thanks...
TB"

"For anyone who is interested,

"For anyone who is interested, I took a closer look at the path that the water lines followed, and right before the line exits the cowl, there is a small box attached directly below the fuse box housing that the line connects to, and then flows to the bottom of the motor. I removed both water lines, and ran a thin, flexible mono filament line through. both lines were clear. I then stuck the line into the one end of the "box" that had, what appeared to be a heat sensor attached to it, and one side of it was blocked with some Grey looking "gunk". After poking that lose, the water then flowed out of the cowl opening as it is supposed to. I didn't want to remove the box, although I would like to for further inspection, but I will save that for the mechanic during maintenance.

Does all this make sense to you gear heads? :)

R,
TB"

Back