Logo

Water in crankcase

barney35146

Well how bad is it??? I have a

Well how bad is it??? I have a substantial amount of water in the crankcase. I would assume either I have blown gaskets or cracks in the block. Where should I start first seeing where the problem is?? Help!!

"If it had water in it and got

"If it had water in it and got cold enough to freeze, your block and manifolds are likely shot.
You would need a new short block assembly plus manifolds.

That's the bad news.

Rod"

I pulled the starboard riser a

I pulled the starboard riser and there is no water in the exhaust.....flapper good. I also pulled all the plugs.....all but two were dry but I'm not sure the two had water.....I believe it was gas. I'm slowly tearing it down. Will get portside riser off and eventually get the intake manifold off. Anything I should do different?

Mark;
Sounds fine so far.
Yo

Mark;
Sounds fine so far.
You can take your manifolds in and get them pressure tested to be sure if you think they are OK.
If you pressure test the block cooling system that will tell you something also. Do this while you still have the heads and intake manifold on it.

Rod

Rod:
You were right the first

Rod:
You were right the first time ...unfortunately....cracked block!! I pulled the intake and there it was plain as day. Big cracks on both sides under the heads. What are your thoughts from here?? Intake and heads look ok but I'm sure these big cracks put some stress on the heads. I know I'm going to need a new block...I would assume long block. Any ideas where I can go for quality and price for a long block? Any suggestions are really appreciated!!!

"Mark:

I sent you an email

"Mark:

I sent you an email for a new longblock from Michigan Motorz for $2,599.00"

Guy:
Thanks I appreciate the

Guy:
Thanks I appreciate the head's up. I think that's the route I'm going to go.....not bad for a "new" long block....still a chunk out of the wallet though! I need to have my intake checked out and pressure tested too. Thanks again!!!!

"Mark;
I am sorry to hear the

"Mark;
I am sorry to hear the bad news.
At least once you are done you will have a basically all new system to run with.

Good luck,
Rod"

"HELP" just started up

"HELP" just started up my boat 1989 sunbird 4.3L after winter
ran boat for about 15 min noticed water alot. freeze plug was half the way out then blew out
i said a few kind words. crossed my finger and checked the dip stick and theres alot of water bubbles on it some milky oil more water bubbles.
IS MY BLOCK CRACKED?
THANKS KEVIN

Kevin:

Start a separate thr

Kevin:

Start a separate thread for more responses. It's very likely the block cracked. Did you winterize it?

tryed to winterize it didint d

tryed to winterize it didint do a very good job i didint know there was a drain plug on the block .iam new at this how do you Start a separate thread?

Click on topics above then sel

Click on topics above then select Mercruiser and in the solid blue area it states start new topic.

Back