Logo

Trim limit sender

yeoman100

I have just replaced my trim l

I have just replaced my trim limit and sender as niether wokrd when i bought the boat. I have adjusted the limit as per instructions and the switch stops the after a very short lift of the drive. What is the usual distance a limit switch on an alpha gen II should allow. I can't see the use for such a small adjustment.

"Not stated in the link is the

"Not stated in the link is the reason for limited travel.

The range is limited to keep the prop in the water during normal trim adjustments. Also the range is such that the engine can run at full throttle withour damaging or locking up the universl joint. The trailer position switch is not used when motor is running, so this switch drives the lower unit to the full extension of the rams."

"The correct amount of trim wi

"The correct amount of trim with the limit switch is 20-3/4" cylinder extension measured at the center of both shafts.
To set the trim limit switch to produce this, loosen the philips screws in the two slots on the limits switch.
Now while someone holds the up trim switch, turn the limit switch CCW until the dimension above is met. Then tighten the two screws. Recheck operation.

Rod"

Back