Logo

4 hp no water flow

steeveau

1988 model 4SG I replaced an i

1988 model 4SG I replaced an impeller because of low flow. I now have no flow. There seems to be exhaust coming from the water outlet. Any ideas?

With the lower unit off I put a piece of flexible tubing over the rigid tube that runs to the motor. When I try to blow in it there seems to be a lot of resistance. Just spent three hours taking apart and putting back together. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

In an attempt to find the shif

In an attempt to find the shift linkage I had removed the seven bolts that connects the motor to the housing. The motor separate a bit when I put the motor up and the copper water tube got pinched between the motor and the housing.

"Hi Steve d,

I have a simi

"Hi Steve d,

I have a similar problem. bought an immaculate engine the same as yours but a 2001 model. The tell tail didn't have water coming out of it and I had a look at the impeller. Still no water out of the tell tail. There are exhaust fumes coming out of there though. How did you solve the problem. I have taken the same 7 bolts off and the engine was still firmly secured to the housing. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

James"

"Are you saying that you remov

"Are you saying that you removed the impeller, determined that it was ok, then reinstalled the impeller and still no water flow?

Did you also verify that your water tube from the impeller to the engine was not blocked or pinched?"

"Does this unit have a thermos

"Does this unit have a thermostat, that will open to let water out.

I am not sure, I am just asking. Since you guys are working with the service manual"

Back