Logo

1224 volts

bass_bandit

"Not a rocket scientist here o

"Not a rocket scientist here on this stuff,,what do I have to do to make a 12 volt system into a 24? Would love to get a better trolling motor"

"Simply take 2 12 volt batteri

"Simply take 2 12 volt batteries and connect them. If you connect + of the first to - of the second, and then the motor to the remaining + and - you will get 24 volts.

Remember that this is a 24 volt system at this point and if you plan to recharge with a 12 volt charger you will need to disconnect and charge separately."

Thats kinda what I thought but

Thats kinda what I thought but at the risk of being a flying toaster stick I thought I might ask.LOL So anyone care to enlighten me on the 12/24 trolling motors now? Does that mean it will run on 12 volt or 24?

"Usually if you see 12/24 volt

"Usually if you see 12/24 volts it can run on either, but I have not come across a trolling motor that can run on both. The nice thing about 24 volts is that the motor will draw less amps, which in turn you can run for a longer period of time, and can have higher pounds of thrust, but the one down side is that you need 2 batteries and you have double the weight compaired to just a 12 volt motor.
Ron"

I want to hook up a Big Foot t

I want to hook up a Big Foot to control power to the trolling motor. Can i splice in to the positive so positive goes into the Big Foot then out of the Big Foot to the trolling motor

Back