Logo

Power question

letsrock

"I just took my 1984 Larson wi

"I just took my 1984 Larson with a Mercrusier 228 1/0 to the water. It started up just fine and then I realized I didnt use the blower before I started it to get any fumes out so I hit the blower and everything just cut off. I tried to restart the boat but I have no power whatsoever to the boat, when turn the key its completley dead, not even a click. The only thing that worked was the outdrive that I was able to raise up. I am guessing I blew some sort of fuse or breaker? I do have a number of fuses on my dash but is ther one main one I should be looking for that controls the whole dashboard/ignition?"

The main breaker is on the eng

The main breaker is on the engine block. Look for a big red button; push it in hard until it clicks. Check and see if the blower is jammed; it should have its own breaker or fuse.

"The main breaker is 50 amp, s

"The main breaker is 50 amp, so you would have to have a significant short to blow it.
Try disconnecting the wire from the switch to the blower, and try the blower button. This should tell you if its the blower or not. The wire to the blower could be shorted out to ground somewhere.

If its fused, the fuse should be no more than 15 amp, and it should blow well ahead of the 50 amp breaker.

Rod"

Back