Logo

30 Merc 1st StartUp after dealer winterization need guidance

joebklyn

"I got a 2005 Bayliner 175 Bow

"I got a 2005 Bayliner 175 Bow Rider late last year. I had to have the dealer winterize it as temps got to 38F. Now it's time to wake her up. The dealer wants $125 to get her ready for the water. I got the engine oil evacuator, new oil,filter, new stern drive oil, all the proper lubes. This engine has the single point drain system. I intend to connect muffs run the water thru the engine. Then open the drain port, lower it and watch to make sure water is flowing. Close drain. Open carb cover, prime with starting fluid, push throttle a few times and start with a freshly charged battery. Anybody see any potential hazards? Many Thanks Joe}"

Winterizing should have includ

Winterizing should have included engine oil/filter and OD oil change. Look at your receipt.

Hazards? Yeah; antifreeze disposal. Drain the block of antifreeze and capture it first. Then hook up the engine to the muffs and run it for 10-15 mins. until the lubes are warm in order to drain them. You don't need to prime the carb. Grease the prop shaft w/2-4-C lube.

Back